M&D's Have You Read Book Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"Text" by Cambria Hebert Review!

Cover Review!  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️(5 starts)

TEXT 

I bought this book because of the cover, it caught my attention and when I started reading I knew I made a good choice. From the very beginning I was sucked into the story. I felt as if I was right there with Honor running, fighting for my life, trying desperately to get away from the abductor. The story was funny, cute and it kept me wanting more. One of the things I really liked about this book was that the female lead in the story(Honor) was tough. She wouldn't give up easily, she didn't lose hope and if push came to shove she wouldn't go down without a fight. What she had to go through is something terrifying that we know happens, but never thinks it'll be us who it actually happens to. 

 The other thing I REALLY liked was Nathan! I have to say in my opinion Nathan stole the show. He was the guy who received the "Text" and saved Honor from her horrible faith. He was sexy, funny, caring and who doesn't like those guys?. I know I do!! Nathan was a Marine who had demons he was still dealing with after the war. He couldn't do anything about the people he wasn't able to save while at war, but Honor who was out there helpless, and needing saving he had to do everything he could. Nathan stopped at nothing until he knew for sure that Honor was safe. He kept her alive, took a bullet to the side, and didn't stopping until he knew that she wouldn't be harmed ever again. 

There were a few things that didn't sit well with me. The sex scenes could have been hotter, in some parts it seems as if the author was embarrassed to write about them having sex. Also if I had broken ribs and fell from a hole I would not be riding anyone for weeks! I think it would be too painful. I would have liked to know more about the other characters. What made Lex want to hurt women and how many had he actually hurt? Where did Lex find someone to help him break into Honor's house. 

Overall I liked this book. It was my first book by Cambria Hebert and it won't be my last. I give it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️(4 stars)

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GH0ZDLS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1387353335&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

-Maria (M&D's Have You Read Book Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment